Try a new twist on the classic Caesar salad, and substitute chicken for salted cod. The codfish flakes tastes amazing when served like this!
This recipe serves 8-10 people as a starter, and 4 people as a main dish. The recipe is from the restaurant Sociedade in Parede, outside of Lisbon.
4 codfish loins, Terra de Bacalhau
Mixed salad, ( e.g. Lettuce, frisee salad, red romaine salad)
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in fours
Brea crouton, to taste
Chives, chopped, to taste
20 g capers, to taste
20 g anchovies
2 garlic cloves, chopped
150 g mayonnaise
50 g parmesan cheese, sliced
- Always start by soaking the codfish according to instruction before preparing.
- Bring water to a boil . Put the cod loins in a bowl that can be closed with a lid, pour the hot water on top of the fish, close the lid and leave for 30 minutes. Prepared like this the codfish doesn´t get overcooked and the flakes maintain succulent.Strain and set aside.
- To make the dressing wrap tin foil arund the garlic and cook in the oven 200 °C for 20 minutes. Chop the capers, the anchovies and the cooked garlic and blend with mayonnayse and chopped chives.
- Flake the codfish and slice the radishes.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad and the croutons. Add the dressing and the cherry tomatoes and toss gently. Spoon the salad over serving plates and garnish with the cod flakes and the parmesan flakes.